Determine your patient’s dose
The dosing guide calculates an appropriate dose or dosing range for each patient based on guidelines established by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF).1
CREON should be taken during every meal and snack1
Meals and snacks are for illustrative purposes only.
After starting your patient on CREON, schedule an early follow-up to assess the need for titration
CREON dosage should be individualized and adjusted based on1:
Safety and dosing considerations
- CREON should be initiated at the lowest recommended dose based on the patient’s weight.
- CREON should always be taken with food. CREON should not be crushed or chewed.
- Usually, half of the prescribed CREON dose for an individualized full meal should be given with each snack.
- Total daily dose should not exceed 10,000 lipase units/kg body weight/day unless clinically indicated.*
- Fibrosing colonopathy has been reported in patients with cystic fibrosis taking high dose pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy.
*The CFF Guidelines also provide a dietary fat-based maximum lipase dose of less than 4,000 units per g of fat ingested per day.